In this episode, Bob’nJoyce discuss what “bad bossing” looks like and it's destructive impact. Bad bossing demotivates and demoralizes. Bad bosses are creativity killers, eroding a company’s success, and are the #1 reason people leave a company. And here's the punchline: at one time or another, we all have been bad bosses.
Here are some of our observations:
- Bad bosses focus on the negative and on themselves.
- Bad bosses are lazy and don’t go the extra mile to communicate and give constructive feedback.
- Bad bosses assume they know better.
- Bad bosses suck the oxygen out of the room - wherever they go.
- Bad bosses put people on edge versus putting them at ease.
Come on in. Grab a snack. Welcome!