HR/OD’s Duty to Speak Truth to Power
October 26th, 2021
29 mins 42 secs
About this Episode
Blind spots exist in every organization. They conceal organizational truths, that when left uncovered, hinder effectiveness and stifle innovation. In this episode, Bob and Joyce explore HR/OD’s responsibility to speak truth to power. This important HR/OD role requires courage and determination to confront taboos and tip sacred cows.
In this episode we uncover:
- Why speaking truth to power is so important
- The unintended consequences of not confronting truths
- How to increase leaderships' receptibility to hearing uncomfortable truths
- Using inquiry to speaking truth to power in a respectful and effective way
- A conversation exercise that provides safety for people to tell harsh truths
HR/OD needs to do more to expose organization truths. This begins through discovery and courageous conversation. Today’s podcast begins that conversation.
Come on in, grab a snack, welcome…