Blind spots exist in every organization. They conceal organizational truths, that when left uncovered, hinder effectiveness and stifle innovation. In this episode, Bob and Joyce explore HR/OD’s responsibility to speak truth to power. This important HR/OD role requires courage and determination to confront taboos and tip sacred cows.
In this episode we uncover:
- Why speaking truth to power is so important
- The unintended consequences of not confronting truths
- How to increase leaderships' receptibility to hearing uncomfortable truths
- Using inquiry to speaking truth to power in a respectful and effective way
- A conversation exercise that provides safety for people to tell harsh truths
HR/OD needs to do more to expose organization truths. This begins through discovery and courageous conversation. Today’s podcast begins that conversation.
Come on in, grab a snack, welcome…